click image for recipe
Baked Spicy Fries with Garlic Cheese Fries
click image for recipe
You will need
1 ¼ cups of flour
½ tsp. of baking soda
½ (one stick) of butter
1 cup of brown sugar, or ½ of white sugar and ½ of brown sugar
½ tsp. of vanilla extract
For the preparation you just need to mix the butter and the sugar, then add the egg, after that you add the flour, the baking soda and de vanilla extract you mix it and is done.
Ghee, or clarified butter, can be kept for extended periods without refrigeration. Ghee has a slightly different taste than just normal butter, which is why I made it to use in the bread recipe. It also has a high smoke point, which makes it a good fat for frying.
It’s not known exactly when or how ghee was invented (or by whom), but it is mentioned in quite ancient Indian texts. For more info, check out this article on butter and ghee.
I followed the excellent tutorial written by Sala at Veggie Belly. However, I’ve included my own write up and photos below.
Key Lime Mini Pies (click image for recipe)
Asparagus Cheese Tarts
Easy appetizer and does not take long to make!
1 bunch of asparagus
1/2 cup mozzarella/ cheddar cheese
salt and pepper
1. Dice some of the asparagus and onions
2. Mix in with 2/3 of the cheese and salt and pepper
3. Spoon into individual tarts
4. Top with the rest of the cheese and add asparagus to the top
5. Bake at 300’C for 5- 10 minutes
Perfect for spring/ summer patio dinner!
Mini Raspberry Cobblers
click image for recipe
50 EASY 3-INGREDIENT BREAKFASTS
1. Steel-cut oatmeal, low-fat plain yogurt, ground flaxseeds
2. Eggs, diced tomatoes and mushrooms
3. Broiled grapefruit with honey and cinnamon
4. Grilled salmon and asparagus with a poached egg on top
5. Whole-grain waffles with berries and a drizzle of maple syrup
6. Yogurt (your choice of flavor and type), fruit (mix and match with the yogurt flavor) and granola or cereal (again, any of your favorites will do)
7. Avocado, mango and Greek yogurt, pureed in a blender
8. A whole-wheat English muffin, one egg and a MorningStar maple-flavored vegetarian sausage patty
9. Steel-cut oatmeal, shredded zucchini and crumbled goat cheese
10. Plain Greek yogurt, fresh blueberries and a drizzle of real maple syrup
11. Cooked oatmeal, 1 tablespoon of peanut butter, 1 sliced banana
12. Whole-wheat English muffin with egg and tomato
13. Sautéed spinach and onions sprinkled with cheese
14. Cottage cheese, cucumber and rice cakes
15. Carb Balance flour tortilla, scrambled egg and smoked salmon
16. Half a cup of black beans, half a cup of a sweet onion and 2/3 cup frozen corn sautéed together into a hash
17. Eggs scambled with 1 roma tomato & fresh spinach
18. Wheat toast, peanut butter and sliced bananas
19. Trader Joe’s organic High Fiber O’s, fresh blueberries and skim milk
20. Whole-wheat sourdough toast topped with smoked salmon and Greek yogurt
21. 1 cup homemade yogurt, 1 organic banana and 1/2 cup fresh organic blueberries blended into a smoothie
22. Freezer pancakes (pancakes you made over the weekend, frozen, then reheated in the microwave—that counts as one ingredient, right?) topped with frozen berries warmed in the microwave and a little butter
23. Chopped fresh baby spinach and diced red peppers sauteed in olive oil and scrambled with eggs
24. Corn tortilla scrambled together with one egg and fresh salsa
25. Quinoa with pears and vanilla
26. Honey-roasted peanut butter spread on a banana and rolled in coconut
27. Sauté chopped chard until almost wilted, make a hole in the center, crack an egg into the hole and cook. Serve with a slice of whole-wheat toast.
28. Almond butter, whole-wheat toast and raisins
29. A packet of oatmeal, one container of light yogurt and one piece of whatever fruit strikes my fancy for the day!
30. A small serving of last night’s leftovers, a piece of in-season fruit and a small glass of milk
31. Black rye bread with slices of a salted avocado
32. Take one whole egg (and one egg white) and scramble with a fork in a cereal bowl. Chop one wedge of light Laughing Cow cheese and scatter it over the egg. Top with 1/4 cup fresh salsa, and then microwave until desired consistency is reached.
33. Traditional oats (uncooked), almond milk and chia seeds.
34. Chopped cantaloupe or melon, mint and plain yogurt
35. Whole-wheat waffle, natural peanut butter, sliced bananas
36. Greek yogurt, cubed Granny Smith apple, freshly toasted sliced almonds
37. Grits with soy cheese and a poached egg
38. Protein pancakes with almond butter and banana
39. Chia pudding (vanilla almond milk & chia seeds) with fresh blueberries
40. Kashi cereal, Silk soymilk and fresh fruit
41. Toasted sprouted-grain English muffin, scrambled Egg Beaters and low-fat cheese
42. Plain yogurt, granola, agave nectar.
43. Fresh fruit, whole-wheat toast and two eggs
44. Eggs, oatmeal and fruit
45. 1/2 of a Fiber One English muffin, 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese and a peach
46. Greek yogurt, fresh berries & Stevia smoothie
47. Whole-wheat flax waffle, Greek yogurt, fresh-picked raspberries
48. 9-grain toasted baguette topped, tomato slice and egg
49. 1/2 cup scrambled Egg Beaters, a slice of soy cheese and almond milk
50. Summer vegetable hash with poached eggs and toasted nori
What’s your favorite 3-ingredient breakfast?
Best rice recipe website I have ever seen before and they have it all from Indian recipes, White and Wild Rice Pilaf, Wild Rice recipes, risotto recipes and lot more! If you like rice and ever need a new way to cook it then you have to check this website out.